I make music with code. To dance to. To listen to. For geeks. For short attention spans. With logic. Without convention. (Not necessarily in that order)
Contact and Booking
- 2014-12-10, 1030PM, Bedlam Lowertown, St. Paul, MN
- 2015-01-23, 0730PM, Teatro @ Zeitgeist Arts, Duluth, MN
- 2015-02-20, 0700PM, Beat Coffeehouse, Minneapolis, MN
- I Am A Robot (out soon in late 2014)
- Robots Stole My Computer (2010)
Other projects and recodings
Press and Praise
- 2014 Recipient of the Minnesota Emerging Composers Award
- Decoding Algoraves: Live Coded Audio Coming To Minneapolis
- Algoraves: Dancing to Live Coding
- Building the beat
- 2014-11-05, Live Coding @ Bedlam Lowertown, St. Paul, MN | audio
- 2014-10-11 - 2014-10-12, 2014, Live Coding @ St. Paul Art Crawl
- 2014-09-10, Live Coding @ Bedlam Lowertown, St. Paul, MN | audio
- 2014-09-10, Live Coding @ Corner Coffee, Minneapolis, MN | audio
- 2014-08-29, Live Coding @ The Beat Coffeehouse, Minneapolis, MN
- 2014-08-12, Live Coding Presentation @ That Conference, Wisconsin Dells, WI
- 2014-08-16, Live Coding @ Synthesthesia, St. Paul, MN | audio
- 2014-08-04, Live Coding @ Bitcoin Bash, Minneapolis, MN
- 2014-07-19, Live Coding @ Access Space Digithon, The Internet | audio
- 2014-07-11, Live Coding @ Bedlam Lowertown, St. Paul, MN | video
- 2014-04-05, Live Coding Presentation @ Twin Cities Code Camp, Minneapolis, MN | audio
- 2014-03-14, Live Coding @ The Beat Coffeehouse, Minneapolis, MN | audio
Mike Hodnick is a live-coding experimental electronic musician and programmer. He combines his 15 years of programming experience and lifelong background in music to produce algorithmic music and one-of-a-kind performances. Mike fuses his love of percussion and dense rhythms with the perspective that musical patterns and time are rules that can be bent and broken.
You can find Mike performing live-coding sets in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area.
When not making music, Mike works as an independent software programmer and builds everything from web sites to mobile apps to enterprise line-of-business systems. He has deep experience with .NET and open source tooling. Mike works on the full stack of technologies, but has a sweet spot for UI and front-end development.
Mike is originally from Duluth, MN and currently lives in Chaska, MN. He enjoys Minecraft, cooking, playing ice hockey, and camping.